Lately we have been hearing the same thing over and over again from our friends, colleagues and family:”We understand that being green is important for our environment and our future generations, but it is harder and more expensive” To this we say “No! It really is EASY being green” From the kitchen and bathroom right through to the garden, you will be highly delighted with our top 7 easy (and super frugal) ways to go green.
1.Avoid purchasing pre packaged food, cooking from scratch not only reduces the amount of rubbish in the house but can be more energy efficient (not to mention healthier)
2. Look at the bottom shelf in the supermarket – this is where you will generally find cheaper eco alternatives to dishwashing liquids, sponges and cleaners.
3. Buy local! We say it time and time again, don’t forget to calculate the mileage that your products have had to travel.
4. Use quality products and check the ingredients – don’t just take the advertising word for it! It might say its green but please check the listing. You may pay a little more up front but quality ingredients will last far longer than skin care full of fillers! Every ingredient in our skincare serves a direct purpose, no fillers, no nasties, no animal testing. Its an easy alternative really!
5. The totally awesome $2 tool – a faucet aerator! This will reduce your water usage (you could also use this in the kitchen).
6. Excuse us for the hopeless self promotion of this amazing garden tool BUT we just had to share it with you! The FAR OUT BRUSSEL SPOUT – can be found in our shop – it encourages the recycling of water and is an ergonomic way of watering for potted plants. You can also use it in the kitchen to promote the drinking of water with the littleies!
7. Compost! We just cannot encourage it enough, it reduces your kitchen waste, creates the perfect soil and feeds your plants! So there you have it! Our top 7 things to do in your home (on the cheap) to be greener – no excuses now!
Just because winter is on its way, this doesn’t mean you need to stay inside to keep warm whilst entertaining....