- Confessions of a Happy Housewife
- Cleaning Tips
- Home Improvement
- Healthy Living
- Write for us
In this post I will present you with the dining rooms of 2013. Needless to say, the dining room is one of the most important in your house. Historically it had a huge importance, but nowadays it is often adjacent with the kitchen or the living room. This, however, doesn’t make it less important. On the contrary, you have a larger responsibility to carefully choose the furniture and the design of your dining room, so that it fits with your kitchen, or living room furniture.
So without further adieu, I present to you the kitchen designs of 2013.
1. White Modern Dining Furniture. If you love minimalistic décors, the white contemporary dining set is perfect for you.
If you find white a rather cold colour and would like to personalize your dining room, add an area rug in warth earth tones. This will create unique ambience and cosyness.
On the contrary, in order to spice up your dining room, you can add a carpet with a bold contrasting colour. All comes down to the feeling you would like to create.
2. Wooden Dining Set. Wood is still one of the most preferred materials for dining room furniture. It is warm, natural and gives any room an ambience.
It’s like you are having a picnic outside!
3. Leather. Leather might be more expensive, but it hides many benefits. First of all, it comes in a variety of colours.
You can spice up any type of dining room with colourful leather chairs.
Secondly, leather doesn’t wear as easily as other fabrics. In addition, it is easier to maintain and clean after a spill occurs.
4. Couch and bench instead of chairs. That’s something new! Modern dining rooms now make more use of couches and benches around the dining table. It may sound weird, but there are no words to describe, how good these look. When words are not enough, here are some pictures.
In addition, couches and benches have the benefit to accommodate an extra person. It might be a bit squishy, but you have that option. This makes them an excellent solution for smaller room.
5. Chairs. They don’t have four legs anymore. I don’t know if you have noticed, but most chairs in the pictures are of the so called Cantilever chair type. They don’t have back legs and are supported entirely by the front ones, which are designed to hold all the weight. That seems to be the tendency now.
As you have probably noticed there is a carpet or an area rug underneath each table. This seems to be a must. Think about it and check the carpets of 2013.
Oh, well! I hope you have enjoyed them as much as I did! Expect more hot interior designs soon.
Travelling with kids comes with its own set of challenges. Camping around Australia is the perfect opportunity to indulge in...