- Confessions of a Happy Housewife
- Cleaning Tips
- Home Improvement
- Healthy Living
- Write for us
There are so many things I could say about eating in bed – it is both tempting, comfy and makes you wonder how something so awesome could actually be bad for you! When it comes to eating in bed every house has its own rules.
Some eat in bed only if they are too sick to make it to the table, while others do it on a regular basis and have even introduced a TV right in front of their beds. There are also those who don’t even allow food on the upper floors of their homes. Making that decision means that you have to take into an account all the advantages and disadvantages of this act.
1. Eating in bed is comfortable. Let’s face it, the majority of us spend some good 8 hours seated behind a desk. In addition, they sit on their way to work, either in the car, tube or bus. At the end of the day, sometimes all you want is to lie down and get your food in the bed with you!
2. Nothing can beat breakfast in bed. Waking up in the morning, sometimes requires a lot of effort. I don’t drink coffee, but I know my mom can’t open her eyes before she has drank her morning coffee. Even worse, she finds it difficult when she has to actually get up and make it herself. My dad does that for her. In our family, I wanted us to have a tradition and bring each other breakfast in bed at least once a week. Best tradition ever! Stephen and I found out that nothing says “I love you” better than “Look, I woke up earlier than you, made breakfast, and brought it to you”.
3. Eating in bed is sensual. Bringing the right food in the bedroom could actually be very sexy. It is a very intimate thing to do and it could bring you closer together. So, if you want to spice things up between the sheets, bring some deserts and don’t worry about the cleaning.
1. Crumbs in bed, not cool! As I mentioned cleaning, crumbs in bed are one of the worst things that can happen to you, followed by the stains (mentioned below). Crumbs will attract insects and bugs and will provide more food and better conditions for dust mites. Dust mites on the other hand, trigger allergies and worsen the symptoms of asthma.
2. Stains. If you are eating chocolate, or greasy foods with ketchup and different sauces, don’t be surprised if you find stains on your sheets.
3. Eating in bed makes you eat more than you should. If you have the habit to sneak and take stuff in bed quite often, don’t be surprised if you gain a few pounds.
4. Cleaning… as everything else, eating in bed is not free. You will have to spend more time cleaning, you will have to change and wash the sheets more often, you will have to wash and clean the mattress.
I hope all these advantages and disadvantages were helpful to you! The bottom line is that if you are willing to work with the negatives, I don’t see why you shouldn’t enjoy an occasional bite in bed.
Being a stay-at-home mom should not lessen your capacity to be able to provide for your family while you are...