Finding inspiration and being productive usually comes naturally. However in our stressful, grey daily lives it is not uncommon to feel overwhelmed and burned out. For this reason I am here to offer you 12 tips for productivity that give results.
1. Be true to yourselves. Find out what you want and determine how you can get it. Do you remember what the Cheshire cat told Alice in Wonderland: ” If you don’t know where you are going any road will lead you there”. Well, let me tell you another one: “No wind blows in favour for a ship without direction“. So forget about other people’s expectations and determine what you really want!
2. Create meaningful contacts. Fruitful relationships are important for your future realization and for your productivity as well. Conversations between people with similar interests and aspirations are a powerful tool to generate ideas. This is how some of the most successful relationships have been developed. Just try to go to places where you can meet people who think alike. Another way is to look for them online. For istance, recently I stumbled upon a page that finds people around you who have the same interests as you. It is called Pokke Me and I think it is worth trying it. So I guess what I am trying to say is make the most out of the resources and tools you have.
3. Lead an active life.
Psychological research shows that the more active and satisfied a person is, the more productive he could be. Engage in anything that inspires you – horse riding, trekking, latino dances. There are no limits to what you can do in order to keep your life interesting and exciting.
4. Pay attention to your biological clock. if you are not a morning person, don’t expect to be productive in the mornings. Simple as that. You should be aware when you are able to work the most. Organize your schedule to suit your biological clock.
5. Prioritize. It is important to set your priorities for the day, for the week, for the year. Always do the more important tasks first, even if you don’t feel like it. It will pay off at the end.
6. Learn how to say “No”. You can’t do 100 things at the same time, because your mother only gave you two hands, two legs and one brain. Get it! Stop trying to please everyone and learn how to stand your ground and say “No”.
7. Focus. Procrastination is very tempting, but if you want to be successful you have to put your mind into whatever it is that you are doing.
8. Achieve real results. Once your targets have been achieved, don’t stop there. Build on your successful results and develop.
9. Correct your mistakes straight away. Once you spot a mistake in your work, you shouldn’t wait before you correct it. Otherwise it will be postponed in time and God knows whether you will ever get back to it.
10. Divide Et Impera. Divide and Conquer – particularly true when it comes to business and the work place. Not true for relationships, though. Learn the difference.
If you have reached the end, you might find it interesting that these tips come from Benjamin Franklin, not me. Well, apparently they work! Hopefully this was helpful to you and now you feel more inspired. In later posts I will talk about what are the possible things that ruin productivity like and how to get rid of them.
Featured Image Credit: Pixabay