It is that time of the year again when everyone gets all crazed about Christmas, BBQs and garden parties. Christmas is all behind me, but now is the time for the most important part of all. Drawing the line and calling it a year. How did I do? I didn’t read the 37 books I set up as a goal and I am still fighting off a few pounds of extra weight I carry from last year, but over all: “How did I do?”
I got published and featured on more outlets than I could’ve imagined last year and I had some fantastic ideas and brilliant moments at work. At the end of this year, I have to admit a defeat, among my many successes. I believe I was still the same loving wife and I managed to change a bit to become an even better partner and help-meet to my husband, but I do have to admit a defeat. I failed myself. In my attempt to satisfy the people around me, this time I failed myself.
Even though I was very happy very often, I noticed I stopped caring about my spiritual self and after that I stopped caring about my physical self, and then I abandoned my talents and dreams. It was then that I hit rock bottom and out of nowhere I was in a state where I felt so low for no apparent reason. This is why my New Year’s resolution list for 2015 will be slightly longer
– I want to have a few moments of peace in the morning, when I can just sit and be grateful for this day and to just leave it in God’s hands. A few moments to just hear a beautiful song;
– To be more positive in all I say whether it be when I communicate with my friends, colleagues or the hubby;
- To chase the fears away. I am an anxious person, I’m afraid. I live more in the future than anywhere else. I want to be more present and happier of the things happening now, instead of feeling anxious of the things that may or may not happen in future;
– I want to live with clear conscious. I am not a serial killer, but sometimes I do things that are SO not me! I then feel unsettled and in conflict with myself.
– To learn to let go of the things that bring me down.
- I want to take more time off. I talk from experience when I say that detaching from technology and work is amazing! Ever since I spent 16 days off and watched TV twice and opened my lap top three times I can say I feel a-w-e-s-o-m-e!
I found out that when you feel good inside it shows on the outside. Still, though I never thought that I needed to pay much attention to my appearance. I just thought it a waste of time to spend hours and hours in front of the mirror.
I have made it my mission to care more about myself and this time around I will try the following:
– Drink a glass or two of warm lemon water on an empty stomach in the morning;
– Eat even more healthy and whole, unprocessed foods. To prepare even healthier meals;
– To exercise 5 times a week and build my stamina and fitness. A lot of things count as exercise so no excuse there! I would like to be able to join the Melbourne marathon as well as a hiking tour my husband fancies.
– To establish a bedtime beauty routine and follow it.
– Use even more natural beauty products;
– Use organic cosmetics – foundation, powder, etc. I started by purchasing all natural foundation, eye shadow, lipstick and mascara.
– To change my haircut and to spent more time changing my styles and hair-do’s.
Most importantly, though, I want to reach to that point where I feel good about myself and feel happy with my body.
– Have you heard that God is love. I know you don’t care and don’t believe it. I know it is a cliché, but when you open your heart to it and feel and believe it, something amazing happens. You learn to look at people from God’s point of view. With the eyes of Love. Then you see people as God sees them. When you do, you find out that their little personality flaws don’t matter one bit.
- I want to be slow to speak and slow to get angry. I want to learn to take things lightly without assuming intent. Even though I wrote an article on how to fight fair with your hubby and this was a main point in it, I am still struggling with that.
- I want to cultivate and give and receive even more love than in 2014!
Image Source: Health.com
Just because winter is on its way, this doesn’t mean you need to stay inside to keep warm whilst entertaining....